Want to skip the commercials? Listen here for just $1
Today my guest is Jenn Koiter- a storyteller with a background in education, nonprofit work, and technology who has taught at colleges and universities. Jenn is also the author of So Much of Everything, a book of poetry she created in order to process her complicated feelings of loss and grief that she experienced after her ex-boyfriend died from suicide.
In this episode:
- Jenn uses her dead ex-boyfriend’s yoga mat
- How grieving compares to dog obedience training
- Needing to be ok with people not understanding the humor around death
- Why people don’t understand using humor to cope with death and grief
- The complicated feelings around someone dying of suicide after breaking up with them
- How using humor to cope is often initially a part of someone’s personality and it’s magnified during trauma
- Having a religious funeral for someone who was an atheist
- How humor brings us together as mourners and connects us as a part of our grief
To get in touch, email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can support the podcast by subscribing, becoming a patron at patreon.com/deathishilarious, or by simply sharing the show with your friends and on social media.