Want to skip the commercials? Listen here for just $1
Today my guest is Bethany Harvey, author of Dipped in It, a book where she explores the unpredictable spiral of grief after unexpectedly losing her father and openly shares the heartbreaking, gritty and unexpectedly hilarious insights that surface.
In this episode:
- How intending to write daily gratitude posts turned into being vulnerable, honest, and funny as opposed to relentlessly positive
- Grief is not just being sad, we weave in and out of so many emotions
- How humor is a part of grief and how often those who haven’t experienced loss can’t quite wrap their heads around that (it has to do with absurdity and relief)
- Why we feel drawn to share on social media
- Feeling guilty about not being anything but positive and grateful
- Thinking about Coolio during the funeral
To get in touch, email email@example.com. You can support the podcast by subscribing, becoming a patron at patreon.com/deathishilarious, or by simply sharing the show with your friends and on social media.